My firm has been guiding clients through the divorce process for over 13 years. During this time, I have handled cases involving all aspects of property division. I work at a very sophisticated level in property division matters, yet always strive to develop solutions that are practical and that preserve the assets.
It does not make sense to waste valuable assets in a legal battle when it is possible to negotiate a fair and workable settlement. At the same time, I believe you should not hesitate to litigate if that is the best way to preserve assets and protect your interests. There is no “one size fits all” approach to divorce: Each case needs to be analyzed individually, so the best path forward can be determined.
In your case, I will act with all deliberate speed and seek for you all that the law provides. I can advise and represent you in matters involving:
• Real estate and divorce
• Division of a business
• Division of a professional practice
• Pensions and retirement account valuations
• Deferred compensation, stock options, Restricted Stock Units, and purchase plans
• Indemnification to, or from a spouse who takes on an underwater mortgage
• Inheritances and gifts received during the marriage
• Breach of fiduciary duty
• Hidden assets and internationally held assets
• And other complex property issues
Taxation Affects Property Division
In the resolution of cases involving complex property issues, taxation is almost always an important issue. I work with tax accountants and other financial professionals to develop solutions that minimize the effects of taxation. If you have your own tax accountant, I can work with them during the case as well.